A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
- "a colourful concoction of cute" - Gameranx
- "this title is something unique and special" - Game Tyrant
- "unique twists on typical 3D platformer experiences" - Zero Lives
- "packed full of bright colours and bursting with a positive atmosphere" - Outright Geekery
- "a unique experience. It falls within a genre, but is very much its own thing" - Backlog Boys
- "a serene and colorful adventure that contrasts with the usual grimness of the video game landscape....there is an undeniable charm to its bubbly personality." - Top Shelf Gaming
- "Newt One wants to make you happy" - Twin Cities Geek
- "a special one" - Review Fix
- "Newt One hangs its hat on nonviolent play and an aura of friendly difficulty that seems altogether too rare in gaming." - Indiegraze
- "a breath of fresh air. There is no violence in this game. Just fun and challenging platforming" - The Zombie Chimp
- "The game truly is about love and happiness" - The Insatiable Gamer
- "It is a calm and enchanted world which spreads positive thoughts all around" - Games News Plus
- "Newt One aims to offer a nonviolent experience as players cross its worlds, bringing players into the game with the pure joy of seeing these places fill with color." - indiegames.com
- "This is still a very familiar and approachable game to people who have played platformers, but it feels utterly unique" - Nice Plays
A fun, colorful, & musical 3D Platformer
You play as Newt, a new tone in a musical land that has fallen to the Great Slumber. Awakening this sleeping, silent world is Newt's rite of passage. Restore your realm's music, life, and color!
- Innovative non-linear retro-3D Platforming fun
- Music adapts to the world as it awakens
- Cute, memorable art style
- Nonviolent gameplay
- Enchanting music
- 4 unique Worlds each with 6 levels
- 165 Achievement Badges
Supported Controllers: PS4 Dual Shock 4, XBox One Controller, Switch Pro Wired Controller, XBox 360 Controller, Mouse/Keys
Languages: English, Spanish, French
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Version 1.9 coming 8/30Aug 07, 2019
- Newt One wins "Best Musical Score"Aug 10, 2018
- Ver 1.5b available and on SALE during Comic-Con! More languages comingJul 07, 2018
- June Update Vid and more newsJun 17, 2018
- Soundtrack Release coming this week!Feb 26, 2018
- The Reviews are in...Feb 18, 2018
- Newt One is now Available! Get it for 50% off until Sunday!Feb 14, 2018
- Two weeks from release on 2/14/2018!Jan 31, 2018
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
This is currently on sale on the eShop and Steam. Can you put the itch version on sale?
Hello! I want to try your game, so I bought a copy yesterday. Unfortunately it is always detecting my controller, but only as an unrecognized controller, and it's forcing keyboard controls? I cannot even map my own controls if it doesn't recognize the controller?
I have used the following:
Official xbox 360 wireless dongle + official xbox 360 controller
Wii U Pro controller with xinput dongle (detected as xbox 360 controller)
Hori Switch Pro controller wired
Official Nintendo Switch pro controller wired
8bitdo Switch Pro controller wired
Generic USB controller detected as DirectInput device
Is there some kind of override or control mapping option? I have some trouble with my hands and I can not platformers with mouse and keyboard. I think it is a bit strange that the game is capable of detecting the controller but forcibly ensuring I cannot use them.
Normally I would just use joy2key, but the camera controls are bound to mouse movement, and that does not map to an analog stick via joy2key very well at all. It's the perfect storm of "I can't play your game."
Any advice is appreciated! I am happy to troubleshoot myself! Thank you for your time.
There are some ways to overcome an unrecognized controller. However, your "Official Nintendo Switch pro controller wired" *should* be recognized. Let me look into some solutions and get back to you shortly!
I'll reply here in a bit with some info. I might need a bit of info to help, though:
When you have any controller plugged in, it should say on the main screen what controller was detected in some small text on the Main Menu. When this happens it will likely say "unsupported... applying mouse/keys". Can you tell me what that says when you use the Official Switch Pro Controller?
Thanks and we'll get this sorted :)
Absolutely, I'd be quite pleased to!
Hello I tryed out the game out at the minefaire and I thought it was a great game because of how unique it was because I have never really seen a game like this before and good luck and hope you fix the jump that I made from the land to the water part with the drums
Fix that jump? No way!!! It was awesome that you found it! We're kaaping that in there for sure! Thanks for playing and we're glad you had fun!